Most of the lithium batteries for medical equipment use polymer batteries, because polymer batteries have the characteristics of excellent quality, excellent performance and high safety. Medical electronic equipment uses lithium batteries as power sources, and most of them are portable equipment. The standard requirements for lithium batteries for medical instruments will vary due to the specific use of the equipment used, but lithium batteries for medical instruments will have some of the same requirements.
Features of Lithium Battery for Medical Instruments:
1. Good safety performance. Most of the batteries used in medical instruments are aluminum-plastic soft-pack lithium batteries, which are different from the metal casings of liquid batteries. Once a safety hazard occurs, the liquid battery is easy to explode, and the medical instrument battery will only gas at most.
2. The thickness of the soft-pack lithium battery is small, which can achieve a thickness of 0.45mm, and can withstand certain bending or twisting conditions without affecting the battery performance. There is a technical bottleneck when the thickness of the liquid lithium-ion battery is less than 3.6mm.
3. Light weight, the medical instrument battery uses a soft-pack lithium battery, which is 40% lighter than the steel shell lithium battery of the same capacity and 20% lighter than the aluminum shell battery.
4. The shape of the soft-packed lithium battery can be customized, and the thickness of the battery can be increased or decreased or the shape can be changed according to the needs of customers, so as to improve the actual functional performance of medical equipment.
5. Compared with the steel shell battery of the same size and specification, the capacity of the soft pack lithium battery is 10-15% higher, and 5-10% higher than that of the aluminum shell battery.
6. The soft-pack lithium battery is manufactured by lamination process. Through special design, the impedance of the battery can be greatly reduced, and the performance of high-current discharge of the battery can be greatly improved.
Soft-pack lithium batteries are widely used in medical equipment for outdoor emergency defibrillators, blood pressure monitors, wearable blood oxygen monitors, handheld monitors, wearable single-lead electrocardiographs, etc.